The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens/Special Research Fund Account, in collaboration with the Alexander S. Onassis Foundation Cultural Center Non-Profit Organization (AMKE) announces the first (1st) annual Programme of research grants and educational scholarships starting on October 1st, 2012 which is addressed to non-Greek
1) post-graduate students and Ph.D. candidates and
2) postdoctoral researchers (Ph.D. holders).
The programme is implemented within the framework of the action “Academy of Plato: Knowledge and pioneering ideas development”, through the operational “Lifelong Learning Programme”, co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund, ESF) and Greek national funds (NSRF) 2007-2013).
The Programme covers the following fields only:
– Humanities: Philology, Linguistics, History, Art History and Theory, Archaeology, Philosophy
– Social Science: Political Sciences, Social Theory and Sociology, Political analysis, International and European Studies
– Arts: Visual Arts (Theory), Theatre, Cultural Heritage Management, Museology
The Programme covers post-graduate studies, doctoral studies and post-doctoral research in Greece only and in the fields stated in the above paragraph only.
Eligible to participate are the following candidates:
a) Persons of non Greek descent.
b) Persons of Greek descent (second generation and on) who have obtained a degree outside of Greece
and are permanently residing outside of Greece for more than fifteen (15) years.
c) Non-Greek Post-doctoral researchers
The deadline for the submission of the application file is FEBRUARY 29, 2012
- Download the announcement here
- Download the application for the category I Post-doctoral Researchers (Ph.D. holders)
- Download the application for the category II Post-graduate students & Ph.D. candidate